Sally-Anne Perks (c. 1979-1980) was a witch who began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1991, though she may not have stayed for her Ordinary Wizarding Level year. She was Sorted right before Harry Potter and was in either Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, or Slytherin house.
Behind the scenes
- Although she was in the same year as Harry in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, there is no other mention of her in the series. However she may be the unidentified bespectacled girl or one of the unnamed Gryffindor girls in Harry's year, in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film). It is also possible that she was one of the two un-named Hufflepuff girls in Harry's year, since only Susan Bones, Hannah Abbott and Megan Jones were mentioned to be sorted into Hufflepuff.
- During a practical examination, for their O.W.L.s, Sally-Anne was not called to take her test. She would usually appear after the Patil twins but before Harry Potter. This could just be a mistake of J. K. Rowling, or Sally-Anne may have been unable to attend her test. She could also have repeated one or several years, which would make her a fourth or younger year while Harry was in his fifth year.
- The option for Perks as a family name for the protagonist of Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World suggests Sally-Anne may be a half-blood or a pure-blood.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and Me (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling
- ↑ J. K. Rowling's original list of forty students contains five males and five females from each house. As all five Ravenclaw females are known, the remaining females whose houses are unknown must be in one of the other three houses.
- ↑ During a practical examination, for their O.W.L.s, Sally-Anne was not called to take her test. She would usually appear after the Patil twins but before Harry Potter. This could just be a mistake of J. K. Rowling.