|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is a real-life person, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
- "While there have been no proven referee slayings since , there have been several incidences of broom-tampering over the centuries, the most dangerous being the transformation of the referee's broom into a Portkey, so that he or she is whisked away from the match halfway through and turns up months later in the Sahara Desert."
- —Kennilworthy Whisp, Quidditch Through the Ages
The Sahara Desert is the world's largest hot desert, covering most of Northern Africa. An unidentified Quidditch referee once found himself transported there, as his broomstick was transformed into a Portkey halfway through a Quidditch match. Gilderoy Lockhart once travelled to the Sahara Desert, or at least claimed to, though given the fraudulent nature of the majority of his achievements, it is possible that the photographic evidence was doctored.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Disc 2) (Mentioned) (Appears in photographs)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game (First appearance)