|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
|Rubeus Hagrid's letter to Harry Potter|
|Date of writing|
Hagrid invites Harry Potter to his hut.
This letter was written by Rubeus Hagrid to Harry Potter on 6 September 1991 and delivered by Hedwig in the Great Hall The letter invited Harry to tea with Hagrid, and Harry responded with "Yes, please, see you later" on the back of the note.
I know you get Friday afternoons off, so would you like to come and have a cup of tea with me around three? I want to hear all about your first week. Send us an answer back with Hedwig.
Behind the scenes
- In the PS1 video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone the message was delivered outside the Charms Classroom on the Charms Corridor and was somewhat different:
- Dear Harry, please meet me in the castle grounds.
- Yeh can get to the castle grounds through the front door o' the castle. Pop around for a cup of tea and a chat. I have something important to tell you.
- Yer friend, Hagrid.
- The PS2 video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone presented a slightly different message from the one in the book:
- Dear Harry,
- Would you like to come and have a cup of tea with me this afternoon? I want to hear all about your first day.
- The PC video game adaption of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone presents no letter at all, having Rubeus Hagrid giving two messages himself, which again is slightly different from the book:
- Drop 'round fer tea later, after yer lessons are done. (message 1)
- I've got somethin' I need to talk to yeh about. Be best ter discuss it back at me hut. Meantime yer goin' fer yer Broomstick trainin'. Off yeh go. (message 2)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter Lexicon: Calendar - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter 8 (The Potion Master)