Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A rubber duck is a Muggle toy, shaped like a duck and used for recreation in a bathtub. They apparently do not exist in the wizarding world, or are simply uncommon, as Arthur Weasley once asked Harry Potter what their function was.
Behind the scenes
- Rubber ducks are a recurrent theme in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4:
- The trio trick Fluffy with a rubber duck toy.
- Myrtle throws rubber duck toys at Harry and Ron during the boys' fight against her.
- Cedric Diggory gives Harry a rubber duck as a clue to figuring out the golden egg's secret.
- Harry uses a rubber duck to distract a copy of The Monster Book of Monsters while at the Leaky Cauldron with Arthur Weasley.
- Daniel Radcliffe, in recalling the moment he learned that he had been cast as Harry Potter in the films, laughed upon "recalling how, at such an important moment, he was surrounded by bubbles and in the company of a rubber duck," as he was in the bath at the time the call came in.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7