Rosewood is a general term to refer to about a dozen species of tree in the genus Dalberga, prized for their visually pleasant timber. This wood has a strong sweet smell, which persists over the years, explaining the name "rosewood", and is commonly used in furniture and instrument-making. In the wizarding world, rosewood is also used as a wand wood, though it is a rarely used wood.
Known Wand owners
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First identified as Rosewood)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7