|Also known as||
Rose "Rosie" Weasley (born c. 2006) was a half-blood witch and the daughter of Ronald Weasley and Hermione Weasley (née Granger). She had a younger brother named Hugo, who was born about two years after her. She began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 2017--the same time as Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy.
As Rose prepared to go off to her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with her cousin Albus in 2017, her father encouraged her to be Sorted into the same House as himself and her mother, Gryffindor. He also jokingly told her to beat Draco Malfoy's son, Scorpius, in every test, though Hermione expressed a more tolerant attitude. Ron also warned Rose not to get too friendly with Scorpius, quipping that her grandfather, Arthur Weasley, would never forgive her for marrying a pure-blood.
RelationshipsRose seems to have a strong relationship with her father, Ron Weasley, as they were joking about the Hogwarts sorting. Rose is also thought to be close to her mother, Hermione Granger, as they have many of the same qualities, such as intelligence. She's also close to her cousin, Albus, as she "beamed" at him. Rose is assumed to have a good relationship with her brother and cousins.
Personality and Traits
Rose is said to have inherited her mother's intelligence. It is also noted that she put on her robes before needed, like her mother did at her age. If her father's encouragement to beat Scorpius Malfoy academically has any effect, she may also turn out to be rather competitive and academically brilliant like her mother. She seems to be quite close to her cousin Albus, Harry and Ginny's son, who is about the same age and who shared her anxiety about where he would be sorted at school. When she arrived at King's Cross Station to head off for their first year, Albus was "immensely relieved" to see her, and Rose beamed at him.
Rose takes after her paternal and maternal family. She resembles both of her parents. Rose has long red hair and blue eyes which are from her paternal family. She has mostly her mother's facial features and the same hair texture as Hermione.
Rose is probably named for the flower, which is widely prized for its beauty and fragrance. Roses are often considered symbols of love and have historically been associated with goddesses, such as Isis and Aphrodite, perhaps symbolising her parents' relationship with each other. The rose is also the national flower of England. Red roses are particularly associated with romance, and could allude to the trademark Weasley red hair.
Behind the Scenes
- Rose is played by actress Helena Barlow in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. 
- Rose and classmate Scorpius Malfoy are fourth cousins, once removed, as both are descendants of Phineas Nigellus Black.
- Rose's origins are like her uncle's. A pure-blood father, Ron, like James Potter, and a Muggle-born mother, Hermione, like Lily Evans.
- Both of Rose's parents are featured on a Chocolate Frog Card.
- It is possible that Rose is named after her maternal grandmother or another maternal family member.
- Her name also continues J. K. Rowling's tradition of naming characters after flowers (e.g., Lily and Petunia, Narcissa and Fleur, Lavender, Poppy and Pansy).
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life (Mentioned only)
Notes and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- ↑ http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/young-actress-helena-barlow-cast-as-rose-weasley-in-deathly-hallows-part-ii-epilogue-82194/
- ↑ http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2011/6/15/actress-helena-barlow-cast-as-rose-weasley-in-deathly-hallows-part-2
- ↑ Black family tree