Ronan was a centaur who lived in the Forbidden Forest, and was distrustful of humans, although he tried to protect Harry Potter and Hermione Granger from the other centaurs in 1996, pointing out that they were "foals". He was described as speaking with a doleful tone, and seemed rather peaceful compared to other centaurs.
He led the charge of the centaurs from the Forbidden Forest during the Battle of Hogwarts, breaking through the Death Eater ranks into the Great Hall. It is likely that he witnessed the final battle between Lord Voldemort and Harry Potter.
He is described as having red hair, and a red beard. Below the waist, he has a horse's gleaming chestnut body with a long and reddish tail.
Rónán (anglicized Ronan) is an Irish male given name meaning "little seal", Rón meaning "seal", and -án being a diminutive suffix in Irish Gaelic).
Behind the scenesEdit
- Ronan was the first Centaur introduced in the Harry Potter series, appearing shortly before Bane.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (GBC version only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Along with others)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game