Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Romania (Romanian: România) is a country located in southeastern Europe. It borders the Republic of Moldova to the north-east, Hungary and Serbia to the south-west, Ukraine to the north, and Bulgaria to the south. Its capital city is Bucharest ("București").
Magical Beasts and Beings
- Romania is home to the largest established dragon sanctuary, where Charlie Weasley worked as a dragon keeper after graduating Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. One of the Dragons kept there is Norbert, which used to be owned by Rubeus Hagrid, but had to be taken from Hogwarts grounds after it could no longer be kept secretly. Norbert's name was changed to Norberta after Charlie Weasley discovered it was a girl, as it was more aggressive than male dragons. According to a legend, vampires are also found in Transylvania, a historical region of Romania.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)