|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Romania (Romanian: România) is a country located in southeastern Europe. It borders the Republic of Moldova to the north-east, Hungary and Serbia to the south-west, Ukraine to the north, and Bulgaria to the south. Its capital city is Bucharest ("București").
After leaving Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Charlie Weasley studied dragons at the Romanian Dragon Sanctuary. In 1991, Students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry believed Quirinus Quirrell's classroom smelled of garlic in order to ward off a vampire he met in Romania who he was afraid would come find him. Molly and Arthur Weasley went to Romania during the Christmas break in 1991 to visit Charlie.
Native to Romania
Dragons at the Romanian Dragon Sanctuary
The following creatures are all found worldwide:
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "History of the Quidditch World Cup" at Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6 (The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 8 (The Potions Master)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 12 (The Mirror of Erised)