Rolf Scamander was a magizoologist and the grandson of Newt Scamander and his wife Porpentina. He married fellow naturalist Luna Lovegood, and the couple had twin sons named Lorcan and Lysander.
Luna is Rolf's wife, and they presumably met out of Hogwarts. They are both naturalists.
Rolf and Luna have twin sons, Lorcan and Lysander.
Rolf is a name, formed from the words hrodr and ulf, meaning "honour" and "wolf", respectively. His name therefore means "Honourable wolf".
- J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Rolf´s grandparents were wizards, meaning one of his parents must have been wizard or Squib.
- ↑ In Ch. 4 of Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince, Horace Slughorn states that family members are often Sorted into the same House.
- ↑ JK Rowling Web Chat, 30th July
- ↑ Times Online - The Unwritten Story of Harry's Friends and Their Children