Roland Abberley was a Ravenclaw student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the 1990s. He owned a pair of dragon-hide gloves, which were stolen by Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle shortly before the Christmas holidays in 1996. Harry Potter recovered these gloves by duelling with Crabbe and Goyle, and, as a reward, Roland gave them to Harry. Harry went on to give the gloves to Fred and George Weasley as a Christmas present.
- "Roland" was a French hero celebrated in medieval chansons de geste as the nephew of Charlemagne and defender of Christianity who was killed in battle against the Saracens at Roncesvalles in A.D. 778.
- "Abberley" is an English surname. 
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (PS2 version only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (NDS version only)
Notes and References
- ↑ He was at least in his first year at Hogwarts during the 1993-1994 school year.
- ↑ http://www.searchforancestors.com/surnames/origin/a/abberley.php