Roger Davies (born 1977 or 1978) was a wizard who was a Ravenclaw student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1989 to 1996. He was the Captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team and played Chaser. It is noted that he is very handsome.
Early life and earlier Hogwarts years
In 1994, Roger was Fleur Delacour's date at the Yule Ball. He was very taken with the part-Veela witch's beauty and charm. He was so mesmerized, in fact, that he was looking at her the whole time and did not notice what she was actually saying, as well as repeatedly missing his own mouth with his fork while trying to eat. After dancing for some time at the ball, Roger and Fleur left for the gardens, sneaking into the rose bushes for a romantic engagement.
According to Cho Chang, Roger asked her to go out with him shortly after the death of Cedric Diggory in June of 1995. She refused, as she was interested in Harry Potter at the time, though she brought this incident up to Harry when they went on a date in 1996 at Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop, apparently to make him jealous. Roger was also there with his own date for Valentine's Day; Harry watched them for clues as to what to do with Cho, whom he thought was eyeing Roger as if she wished she were with him instead.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Roger Davies was played by Henry Lloyd-Hughes.
Means "famous spear" from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and ger "spear". The Normans brought this name to England, where it replaced the Old English cognate Hroðgar (the name of the Danish king in the Anglo-Saxon epic 'Beowulf'). It was a common name in England during the Middle Ages.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Appears in flashback(s))
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
Notes and references
- ↑ Roger must be older than Harry Potter, as Fleur Delacour dismissed Harry as a "little boy" but attended the Yule Ball with Roger in 1994. He was captain of Ravenclaw's Quidditch team from at least 1993 to 1996, making him approximately two years older than Harry.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix