Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Roger Davies, the Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain, was sitting about a foot and a half away with a pretty blonde girl... In the time it took for their coffees to arrive, Roger Davies and his girlfriend had started kissing over their sugar bowl."
- —Roger on a Valentines date[src]
Roger was born circa 1977 in Great Britain or Ireland.
- "Fleur Delacour and Roger Davies stationed themselves nearest the doors; Davies looked so stunned by his good fortune in having Fleur for a partner that he could hardly take his eyes off her."
- —Roger is Triwizard champion Fleu Delacour's Yull Ball date[src]
In 1994, Roger was Fleur Delacour's date at the Yule Ball. He was very taken with the part-Veela witch's beauty and charm. He was so mesmerised, in fact, that he was looking at her the whole time and did not notice what she was actually saying, as well as repeatedly missing his own mouth with his fork while trying to eat. After dancing for some time at the ball, Roger and Fleur left for the gardens, sneaking into the rose bushes for a romantic engagement.
- "He asked me out, you know. A couple: of weeks ago. Roger. I turned him down, though."
- —Cho Chang regarding how Roger asked her on a date[src]
According to Cho Chang, Roger asked her to go out with him shortly after the death of Cedric Diggory in June of 1995. She refused, as she was interested in Harry Potter at the time, though she brought this incident up to Harry when they went on a date in 1996 at Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop, apparently to make him jealous.
Roger was also there with his own date for Valentine's Day; Harry watched them for clues as to what to do with Cho, whom he thought was eying Roger as if she wished she were with him instead. When Cho left the teashop in a dramatic and tearful fashion, Roger, along with the rest of the customers in the teashop, looked at Harry, who was left behind.
During 1994, Davies attended the Yule Ball as Fleur's partner. He was apparently too smitten by her part-Veela charm to take note of anything she said, most of which were criticism of Hogwarts, while constantly missing his own mouth while the fork during dinner. The two apparently enjoyed their time together, as they had a romantic night within the bushes during the later parts of the Ball. However, they did not keep in contact after the Triwizard Tournament ended, as Fleur married Bill Weasley.
Sometime after Cedric Diggory's death, Roger asked Cho out, to which she refused, being interested in Harry Potter at the time. Cho would later use this event to gauge Harry's feelings for her based on the jealousy he would produce, though he was only confused. Cho also watched Roger and his girlfriend holding hands and kissing over their sugar bowl in Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop, as though they were setting a standard that she expects Harry to live up to. Roger and his girlfriend stopped kissing to look at Harry in astonishment when Cho departed dramatically after an argument.
Roger got himself a girlfriend sometime before 1996's Valentine's day, and the two seemed to be passionate with their relationship, as they were holding hands and kissing frequently over their sugar bowl inside Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Roger Davies was played by Henry Lloyd-Hughes.
Means "famous spear" from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and ger "spear". The Normans brought this name to England, where it replaced the Old English cognate Hroðgar (the name of the Danish king in the Anglo-Saxon epic 'Beowulf'). It was a common name in England during the Middle Ages.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Appears in flashback(s))
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
Notes and references
- ↑ Roger must be older than Harry Potter, as Fleur Delacour dismissed Harry as a "little boy" but attended the Yule Ball with Roger in 1994. He was captain of Ravenclaw's Quidditch team from at least 1993 to 1996, making him approximately two years older than Harry.
- ↑ World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 23 (The Yule Ball)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 25 (The Beetle at Bay)