He revealed his magical ability at a young age. His mother and older sister Minerva worked together to teach him and his older brother, Malcolm, that they could not go around flaunting their magic. They also worked to hide the "accidents and embarrassments" that the two boys' magic sometimes caused from their father.
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ We know that Malcolm and Robert were younger than Minerva, who was born in October 1935.
- ↑ We know that Robert was killed in the First wizarding war, which ended in 1981.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Professor McGonagall" at Pottermore
- ↑ Pottermore Presents - Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies, Chapter 1 (Minerva McGonagall)