Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
River Thames is one of the largest rivers in the United Kingdom, flowing through southern England. The Thames runs through London, dissecting the city into two parts. A number of bridges span the River, and there are lots of riverboats, such as the Golden Salamander and the HMS Belfast.
During the summer of 1993, Harry Potter caught the Knight Bus to travel from Little Whinging, Surrey to Diagon Alley, in London. The bus swerved the wrong way acoss a bridge over the Thames, and squeezed past two double-deckers coming the opposite direction.
In the summer of 1996, the Millennium Bridge was brought down by Lord Voldemort's Death Eater forces. The collapse of the Millennium Bridge had serious consequences in both the Muggle world and Wizarding world. Shortly after it, a police investigation took place and river traffic was halted while the police searched for survivors of the disaster. The Mayor of London spoke to the population, urging them to be calm. The collapse of the Millennium Bridge was most likely also a contributing factor for the replacement of Cornelius Fudge by Rufus Scrimgeour in the post of Minister for Magic.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the Advance Guard, while escorting Harry Potter to 12 Grimmauld Place, flies a low height over the waters of the Thames before landing in Grimmauld Place, Islington. In the novel, the Advance Guard flies high above, at cloud-height, and only descends directly onto Grimmauld Place.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7