Rionach O'Neal was a Gryffindor student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry who was sorted in 1991. By the 1995-1996 school year, she had entered into a romantic relationship, and kissed the boy in question in the halls of Hogwarts on at least one occasion. She was among the seventh year students to fight in the Battle of Hogwarts in 1998.
Rionach is a variant of the Irish Ríoghnach, which means "queen". O'Neal is a form of the Irish Gaelic Ua Néill, meaning "grandson/descendant of Niall".
Behind the scenes
- Rionach O'Neal was portrayed in the Harry Potter films by Marianne Chase. Though she is only credited by name for Prisoner of Azkaban, it can be presumed that she plays the same character in her subsequent appearances.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2