Rionach O'Neal was a Gryffindor student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the 1990s. In 1995, she became a member of Dumbledore's Army, an organisation taught and led by Harry Potter. In 1998 she fought in the Battle of Hogwarts along side her fellow D.A. members.
Rionach O'Neal started attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry at an unspeficied time, and was Sorted into Gryffindor House. In her time there, Rionach befriended Parvati Patil and Cho Chang.
- "He just asked Fleur Delacour out."
This year, she witnessed the arrival of delegations from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and Durmstrang Institute for the Triwizard Tournament, and supported Cedric Diggory until the First Task, at which point she supported both Cedric and Harry Potter equally. She was one of the girls who supported Ron Weasley up to Gryffindor Tower after he asked Fleur Delacour to the Yule Ball; she looked deeply upset.
1995-1996 school yearEdit
By this school year, she had entered into a romantic relationship and had kissed the boy in question in the halls of Hogwarts on at least one occasion; however, Professor Dolores Umbridge had forced them apart when she saw them.
She attended a couple of meetings, including when the group learned the Stunning Spell; she witnessed Nigel Wolpert practising on Harry Potter, as well as when Hermione Granger used it on Ron Weasley. She laughed at Ron when he was thrown across the room, and fussed over Hermione afterward.
When Harry Potter, the group's leader, decided that there would not be any more meetings until after Christmas, she sighed loudly, but nonetheless joined in the clapping after Harry's speech on how well everyone had done.
Rionach had fair skin and a good complexion, with dark pink lips and brown eyes. She had long brown hair, which she kept swept back away from her face. She was tall and willowy.
Rionach is a variant of the Irish Ríoghnach, which means "queen". O'Neal is a form of the Irish Gaelic Ua Néill, meaning "grandson/descendant of Niall".
Behind the scenesEdit
- Rionach O'Neal was portrayed in the Harry Potter films by Marianne Chase. Though she is only credited by name for Prisoner of Azkaban, it can be presumed that she plays the same character in her subsequent appearances.
- In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, when Filch rushes into the Great Hall, by Fleur Delacour stands a girl who looks like this student.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2