|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
- Albus Dumbledore: "Well, how have you been keeping, Horace?"
- Horace Slughorn: "Not so well. Weak chest. Wheezy. Rheumatism too. Can't move like I used to. Well, that's to be expected. Old age. Fatigue."
- Albus Dumbledore: "And yet you must have moved fairly quickly to prepare such a welcome for us at such short notice. You can't have had more than three minutes' warning?"
- Horace Slughorn: "Two. Didn't hear my Intruder Charm go off, I was taking a bath. Still, the fact remains that I'm an old man, Albus. A tired old man who's earned the right to a quiet life and a few creature comforts."
- — Albus Dumbledore and Horace Slughorn in 1996[src]
Rheumatism is a non-specific term for medical problems afflicting primarily older people, affecting the joints and connective tissue, but normally used to describe any of a number of painful conditions of muscles, tendons, joints, and bones.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)