Rendering invisible ink visible
- "Undaunted, Hermione shoved her hand back into her bag and pulled out what appeared to be a bright red eraser."
Hermione Granger bought a Revealer in Diagon Alley sometime in or prior to the summer of 1992. On 1 February, 1993, upon her first inspection of Tom Riddle's old school diary, she used her Revealer, along with an Aparecium spell to detect any hidden writings.
Behind the scenesEdit
- A Revealer is featured in J. K. Rowling's Official Site. It can be used to a reveal a clue to obtain extra content from J. K. Rowling. Its appearance differs slightly from its description in the book, as it is depicted as being similar to a white eraser in the website, though it is possible that there are more than one style of Revealer and it may merely be one not revealed in the books.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game