Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Reviving Spell (Rennervate) is a charm that awakens whomever the caster's wand is pointed at. It could be called a counter-spell for the stunning spell except that another wizard must do it.
This spell is accompanied by a flash of brilliantly coloured red light.
This can be used to counteract a single Stunning Spell, although it is ineffective against multiple Stunners hitting an individual. It's also ineffective against Dark Magic such as the Drink of Despair.
|Amos Diggory||25 August, 1994||Revived the stunned Winky with this spell after the Quidditch World Cup.|
|Albus Dumbledore||24 June, 1995||.Dumbledore used it to revive Viktor Krum after he was stunned while watching over Barty Crouch Snr.|
|24 May, 1995||He used it to revive Barty Crouch Jr|
|Harry Potter||30 June, 1997||Harry used it to try and revive an unconscious Dumbledore after he drank the Drink of Despair, while in the crystal cave.|
Behind The Scenes
- Despite this spell being used to revive unconscious people, it is ineffective against the Full Body-Bind Curse, which can be undone by the General Counter-Spell.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 26 (The Cave)
- ↑ Pronunciation Guide at Scholastic Official Site
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 9 (The Dark Mark)
- ↑ Pottermore (see this URL)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 32 (Out of the Fire)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 28 (The Madness of Mr Crouch)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Harry Potter Lexicon: changes in text