He performed powerful magic with this wand. Peter Pettigrew took this wand from Remus when he turned into a werewolf. He then used it to attack Ron Weasley and Crookshanks. Harry disarmed Pettigrew and Remus recovered his wand.
Remus last used his wand during the Battle of Hogwarts to duel Antonin Dolohov where he lost. What happened with his wand after his death is unknown though it is possible it was laid to rest with him.
Remus also used this wand in many battles of the Second Wizarding War such as: the Battle of the Department of Mysteries, Battle of the Astronomy Tower, and the Battle of Hogwarts, during which he was murdered by Death Eater Antonin Dolohov.
The colour of the wood seems to differ from dark to light throughout the length of the wood and to the base. There seems to be a handle at the base that's rounded.
Behind the scenes
- Cypress wands are said to be well-matched to wizards who are self-sacrificing and willing to die a heroic death. Lupin spent the majority of his life alone to save others from having to deal with the consequences of his affliction, and died defending Hogwarts Castle in the Battle of Hogwarts. Interestingly, they are also said to be suited to those who are "unafraid to confront the shadows in their own [...] natures", but Lupin's fear of ruining others lives due to his lycantrophy was one of his defining character flaws.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault