|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
This letter was written by Remus Lupin to Vernon and Petunia Dursley on 6 August 1995, after the Order of the Phoenix Advance Guard arrived to escort Harry Potter to 12 Grimmauld Place. Harry didn't seem to care about the letter when Lupin explained to him what was written in it.
- Remus Lupin: "Harry, I've left a letter telling your aunt and uncle not to worry."
- Harry Potter: "They won't."
- Remus Lupin: "That you're safe..."
- Harry Potter: "That'll just depress them."
- Remus Lupin: "And you'll see them again next summer."
- Harry Potter: "Do I have to?"
- — Remus Lupin to Harry Potter about the letter.[src]
All that is known of the contents is that Harry was safe and that Vernon and Petunia shouldn't worry. Harry was certain that they wouldn't.
Behind the scenes
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First mentioned)