The Shrinking Charm. (Reducio) is a charm that enables a witch or wizard to decrease the apparent physical size of the target, both internally and externally. It also can act as the counter-spell for the Engorgement Charm, causing the Engorged object to return to its original size.
Behind the scenes
- In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 the scene in which the spider is enlarged is replaced by a mirror scene including Bluebell Flames.
- The effects of this charm bear great similarity to those induced by the incantation of Diminuendo, used by Nigel Wolpert in 1995.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells
- Wonderbook: Book of Potions
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 14 (The Unforgivable Curses)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Wonderbook: Book of Spells
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 4 (Back to the Burrow)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Chapter 20 (Xenophilius Lovegood)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 18 (The Weighing of the Wands)
- ↑ See this translation, courtesy of Google Translate