Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Professor Quentin Trimble was a wizard who once occupied the post of Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He authored the textbook The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection, a required reading for any student enrolled in Defence Against the Dark Arts class.
Quentin attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in his youth, and was later appointed to the position of Headmaster of the school. Sometime throughout his adulthood, Quentin (or, as he was known after his appointment as Headmaster, Professor Trimble) authored the book The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection, a required reading for any Defence Against the Dark Arts student.
Sometime in or prior to the 1990s, Professor Trimble passed away, and a portrait was hung of him at the Headmaster's office in Hogwarts Castle so that he could offer advice and solace to future Headmasters of the school. Unfortunately, whoever painted his name misspelled it, a mistake that was never fixed.
Magical abilities and skills
- Dark charms: Professor Trimble wrote a book which included such spells as the Curse of Bogies and Knockback Jinx, and therefore it is likely he had at least some knowledge of dark charms.
- Creatures: He also included information on Dark creatures such as hags, werewolves and zombies in his book, and thus must have had at least some experience facing them.
- "Trimble" is most likely a derivation of "tremble", meaning "to shake" - fitting considering his career as an author of books against the dark forces.
Behind the scenes
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Mentioned on Disc 2)
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter Limited Edition (Appears in portrait(s))
- The Making of Harry Potter (Appears in portrait(s))
- Pottermore (Mentioned only) (On the Pottermore Insider)
Notes and references
- ↑ J.K. Rowling stated at the Edinburgh Book Festival on 15 August 2014 (source) that all portraits at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry are of deceased individuals. Thus, Trimble must have died sometime in or before 1990s, given his portrait's appearance at Hogwarts in at least one of the Harry Potter films.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - see this image.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 5 (Diagon Alley)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Harry Potter Limited Edition (The Paintings of Hogwarts)