Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Quidditch Through the Ages is a book detailing the history, evolution, and rules of Quidditch. It was written by Kennilworthy Whisp and became one of the most popular books in the library of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The school librarian, Madam Pince states that it is "pawed about, dribbled on and generally maltreated nearly every day" although the Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore states that this is praise for a book. The copy in question is protected by the Thief's Curse. It was published by Whizz Hard Books.
Harry Potter was given this book by Hermione Granger for his first Quidditch match. He learns several useful tips about the game from reading this book, though Professor Snape confiscates it. Snape claimed that it was against school rules to bring library books outside of the castle.
Behind the scenes
- A real version of this book was written by J. K. Rowling for charity.
- A discrepancy in the book is that although Harry had the book in his first year (1991-1992), there is an event listed that occurred in 1994. It is, however, possible, that the "real" edition was updated.
- On the virtual pet website, Neopets, a book named Altador Cup Through the Ages may be an homage to Quidditch Through the Ages.
- Rita Skeeter's review of the book stated: "I've read worse."
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- LEGO Harry Potter