Professor Quentin Trimble was a wizard who once occupied the post of Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He authored the textbook The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection, a required reading for any student enrolled in Defence Against the Dark Arts class.
Quentin attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in his youth, and was later appointed to the position of Headmaster of the school. Sometime throughout his adulthood, Quentin (or, as he was known after his appointment as Headmaster, Professor Trimble) authored the book The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection, a required reading for any Defence Against the Dark Arts student.
Sometime prior to 1991, Professor Trimble passed away, and a portrait was hung of him at the Headmaster's office in Hogwarts Castle so that he could offer advice and solace to future Headmasters of the school. Unfortunately, whoever painted his name misspelled it, a mistake that was never fixed.
Magical abilities and skills
- Dark charms: Professor Trimble wrote a book which included such spells as the Curse of Bogies and Knockback Jinx, and therefore it is likely he had at least some knowledge of dark charms.
- Creatures: He also included information on Dark creatures such as hags, werewolves and zombies in his book, and thus must have had at least some experience facing them.
- "Trimble" is most likely a derivation of "tremble", meaning "to shake" - fitting considering his career as an author of books against the dark forces.
Behind the scenes
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Mentioned on Disc 2)
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter Limited Edition (Appears in portrait(s))
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 In interviews, J.K. Rowling has stated that "all the portraits you see in the headmaster's study are all headmasters and mistresses who died". He must have been born prior to 1991 if he died before then.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - see this image.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Chapter Five - Diagon Alley)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Harry Potter Limited Edition (The Paintings of Hogwarts)