Professor Quentin Trimble was a wizard who once occupied the post of Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He authored the textbook The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection, a required reading for any student enrolled in Defence Against the Dark Arts class.
Quentin attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in his youth, and was later appointed to the position of Headmaster of the school. Sometime throughout his adulthood, Quentin (or, as he was known after his appointment as Headmaster, Professor Trimble) authored the book The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection, a required reading for any Defence Against the Dark Arts student.
Sometime prior to 1943, Professor Trimble passed away, and a portrait was hung of him at the Headmaster's office in Hogwarts Castle so that he could offer advice and solace to future Headmasters of the school. Unfortunately, whoever painted his name misspelled it, a mistake that was never fixed.
Magical abilities and skillsEdit
- Dark charms: Professor Trimble wrote a book which included such spells as the Curse of Bogies and Knockback Jinx, and therefore it is likely he had at least some knowledge of dark charms.
- Creatures: He also included information on Dark creatures such as hags, werewolves and zombies in his book, and thus must have had at least some experience facing them.
- "Trimble" is most likely a derivation of "tremble", meaning "to shake" - fitting considering his career as an author of books against the dark forces.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Mentioned on Disc 2)
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter Limited Edition (Appears in portrait(s))
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ According to J.K. Rowling at the Edinburgh Book Festival (J.K. Rowling at the Edinburgh Book Festival (15 August, 2004) source), headmasters only get their portrait hung in the office if they die holding the title of headmaster. As Armando Dippet was headmaster from at least 1943 until being succeeded by Albus Dumbledore, Professor Trimble must have died at some point before 1943.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - see this image.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Chapter Five - Diagon Alley)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Harry Potter Limited Edition (The Paintings of Hogwarts)