- "Yet more controversy in Patagonia: the outcome of the USA versus Jamaica clash is under investigation due to the sudden collapse of Kquewanda Bailey, the Jamaican Keeper, who toppled from her broom shortly before US Chaser Quentin Kowalski scored their ninth goal."
- —Ginny Potter, "USA VERSUS JAMAICA" (Daily Prophet, 16 May 2014).[src]
Quentin Kowalski was an American wizard who played as a Chaser for the 2014 American National Quidditch team. During the fourth match of the 427th Quidditch World Cup, US versus Jamaica, Kowalski scored the ninth and final US goal.
Just before Kowalski scored the goal, however, Jamaican Keeper Kquewanda Bailey unexpectedly toppled unconscious from her broomstick. The convenient timing of Bailey's unconsciousness aroused suspicion of foul play, but the ICWQC later confirmed that Bailey was suffering from an infected Sasabonsam bite, sustained during the disastrous World Cup opening ceremony.
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Viktor Krum, born 1976, was the oldest player at the 2014 Quidditch World Cup.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Pottermore - New from J.K. Rowling - Daily Prophet: 16 May 2014 (1)
- ↑ Pottermore - New from J.K. Rowling - Daily Prophet: 16 May 2014 (2)