- Neville Longbottom: "Let me get this straight, Professor. You're actually giving us permission to do this?"
- Minerva McGonagall: "That is correct, Longbottom."
- Neville Longbottom: "To blow it up? Boom?"
- Minerva McGonagall: "BOOM!"
- Neville Longbottom: "Wicked. But how are we gonna do that?"
- Minerva McGonagall: "Why don't you confer with Mr. Finnigan? As I recall, he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics."
- — Neville Longbottom and Professor McGonagall discussing the destruction of the Covered Bridge.[src]
Pyrotechnics is the science of using materials capable of undergoing self-contained and self-sustained exothermic chemical reactions for the production of heat, light, gas, smoke and, in some cases, sound. A person who performs these actions are called a Pyrotechnician, and the need to do so is called Pyromania. During the preparing for the Battle of Hogwarts on the 1 May of 1998, when Minerva McGonagall wanted a couple of students to blow up the Covered Bridge, Minerva referred to Seamus Finnigan as having a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics, remembering all the time he got himself blown up.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (First identified as Pyrotechnics)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7