Pus is a yellowish fluid that is secreted in the human when they have an infection, such as pimples, as a defence mechanism against the infection. Certain magical plants can also secret such fluid, such as Bubotuber pus, which has high healing powers when diluted, but creates painful boils when undiluted.
The Fever Fudge developed by Fred and George Weasley causes large pus-filled boils to form in the eaters as a side effect on their rear bottom, but can be eliminated with a few drops of Murtlap Essence. When Marietta Edgecombe has pustules in the formation of the word "SNEAK" for betraying the organisation, it activated Hermione Granger's jinx. The pustules were immune to magical treatment, but it eventually faded and left scars.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)