|Ministry of Magic Classification||
A Puffskein is covered in soft, fur and spherical in shape. It is a popular pet that does not object to being cuddled or thrown about. The Puffskein is a scavenger, eating anything from leftovers to spiders, but it particularly likes to use its long thin tongue to eat wizards' bogeys while they sleep. This makes them a popular wizarding pet. The Puffskein is easy to care for, and they emit a humming sound when they are content. A group of Puffskeins or Pygmy Puffs is referred to as a poffle.
Ron Weasley owned a Puffskein at one point. Its demise is attributed to Fred, who supposedly used it for Bludger practice. A nest of dead puffskeins were also discovered in 12 Grimmauld Place under the sofa.
Behind the scenes
- Puffskeins may draw their inspiration from the television series Star Trek's Tribbles, as they share many of the same characteristics, such as emitting a purring or humming sound when content, and that they are both balls of fur.
- Fanged puffskeins are mentioned as a possible answer to a question on the W.O.M.B.A.T. (first test, question 7).
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- J. K. Rowling Official Site (W.O.M.B.A.T.)
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells
- Wonderbook: Book of Potions
Notes and references