The term "protest floats" is used to refer to the ghost demonstrations that took place at the Ministry of Magic Headquarters, most likely during Grogan Stump's term as Minister for Magic from 1811 to 1819. If that is the case, it is most likely the ghosts gathered there to protest against being categorised as "Beings" by the Ministry, when they were so clearly "Has-Beens". The Spirit Division was created shortly after.
- J.K. Rowling's Official Site (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Possible mention)
Notes and references
- ↑ Sixth question of the Third W.O.M.B.A.T. at J.K. Rowling's Official Site
- ↑ Of all the possible answers for question 6-2 of the Third W.O.M.B.A.T. this seems to be the most likely: the ghosts were also initially put in the Being category but successfully "asserted" the need for a Spirit Division. The ghost demonstrations seem to fit with them being "assertive".
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - "What Is a Beast?"