- "Raising her wand, she began to walk in a wide circle around Harry and Ron, murmuring incantations as she went. Harry saw little disturbances in the surrounding air: it was as if Hermione had cast a heat haze across their clearing."
Protego totalum is the incantation of a protective enchantment used to defend a certain area or dwelling for an extended period of time. It is presumably a variation of Protego, which is used to stop and repel any intruder and/or spell from the protected area, except the most powerful curses, including the Unforgivable Curses.
|Hermione Granger||1997-1998||Hermione used this charms as part of the protective enchantments used to hide the camp she shared with Harry Potter and Ron Weasley during the hunt for the Horcruxes.|
|Harry Potter||Would occasionally cast the protective enchantments (which included this charm) used to hide the camp he shared with Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley during the hunt for the Horcruxes.|
Behind the scenes
- This spell is used several times in the Battle of Hogwarts in the eighth video game, by Harry, then Professor McGonagall, then Ron and Bellatrix.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)