Defends an area
- "Raising her wand, she began to walk in a wide circle around Harry and Ron, murmuring incantations as she went. Harry saw little disturbances in the surrounding air: it was as if Hermione had cast a heat haze across their clearing."
This charm was performed by Hermione Granger among other enchantments, in order to prevent attacks from Death Eaters, as she, Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter travelled in search of Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes subsequent to the Fall of the Ministry of Magic.
Behind the scenes
- This spell is used several times in the Battle of Hogwarts in the eighth video game, by Harry, then Professor McGonagall, then Ron and Bellatrix.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)