- "The Wizarding community is currently under threat from an organisation calling itself the Death Eaters. Observing the following simple security guidelines will help protect you, your family and your home from attack."
- —The leaflet's introduction[src]
Content and purpose
The pamphlets were purple with golden letters and had at least ten pages. It contained simple security guidelines that would protect a wizard under threat of Death Eater attack or impersonation. As a conscientious Ministry of Magic employee, Arthur Weasley insisted that his family attempt to implement at least some of its recommendations. It did also mention Inferi, albeit not giving a very detailed description.
Harry Potter found the pamphlet to be less-than-useful, as he did not ask Albus Dumbledore what his favourite flavour of jam was as a security question. The lack of information on Inferi also made Harry question the document's usefulness.
Behind the scenes
- In the Harry Potter films, this pamphlet is instead a single page public notice, similar in appearance to others seen in the films.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)