|Potter Stinks badge|
Unknown, but possibly Draco Malfoy
The Potter Stinks badges were badges made during the 1994–1995 school year at Hogwarts. When Harry Potter was mysteriously selected to compete in the Triwizard Tournament, many students began wearing badges that flashed between the phrases "Support Cedric Diggory" and "Potter Stinks." Many Slytherins and Hufflepuffs wore the badges prior to The First Task: the Slytherins had a long-standing animosity towards Gryffindor House, but the Hufflepuffs thought that Harry had stolen their glory by rivaling Cedric, and wore the badges to harass him. The Hufflepuffs eased off somewhat once the First Task was over, mostly at Cedric's request. At one point, Colin and Dennis Creevey attempted to change the badges to say "Support Harry Potter," but could only manage to get them stuck at "Potter Stinks", and then eventually "Potter Really Stinks".
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation, the badges, when turning into "Support Cedric", read "Cedric Diggory" instead.
- It is noted that Harry found one of the badges while cleaning out his trunk. Exactly why he would wish to have one is unknown, but it is possible that someone slipped one into his belongings while he wasn't looking.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry found one of the badges while cleaning out his trunk in chapter two of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows