A potato is a lumpy round root, with a starchy inside. They can be baked, broiled, mashed or roasted. A variety of potatoes has been seen at every Welcoming Feast. In 1991 potatoes were sold with the food at the menu. Roast potatoes were enjoyed by Harry Potter as part of the Hogwarts Christmas feast in 1993. In 1994, Molly Weasley made boiled potatoes as a part of their dinner the night before the Quidditch World Cup.
Another popular way to enjoy potatoes is in the form of chips.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) 
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire