A potato is a lumpy round root, with a starchy inside. They can be baked, broiled, mashed or roasted. A variety of potatoes has been seen at every Start-of-Term Feast. In 1991 potatoes were sold with the food at the menu. Roast potatoes were enjoyed by Harry Potter as part of the Hogwarts Christmas feast in 1993. In 1994, Molly Weasley made boiled potatoes as a part of their dinner the night before the Quidditch World Cup.
Another popular way to enjoy potatoes is in the form of chips.
When Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger visited Rubeus Hagrid in the 1996-1997 school year for the first time that year at his hut, he appeared coming around from behind it, carrying a sack of potatoes. Once the group was inside, Hagrid, who was rather irritated with the others for having dropped Care of Magical Creatures, began peeling the potatoes "with a brutality that suggested that each tuber had done him a great personal wrong."
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 11 (The Firebolt)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 3 (The Burrow)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) - GBA version
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 11 (Hermione's Helping Hand)
- ↑ Sold with the food seen at the menu