Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Potage's Cauldron Shop was the first shop one encountered when entering North Side, Diagon Alley from the Leaky Cauldron. It sold all types of cauldrons, displaying them in a stack outside the shop, under a sign which read: "Cauldrons - All Sizes - Copper, Brass, Pewter, Silver - Self-Stirring - Collapsible." It is owned by Madam Potage.
A branch of the shop is also located in Knockturn Alley.
- Pewter Cauldron, Size 2 (15 Galleons)
- Brass Cauldron, Size 2 (21 Galleons)
- Copper Cauldron, Size 2 (25 Galleons)
Behind the scenes
- This was the first wizarding location, aside from the Leaky Cauldron, to be introduced in the series. The shop's name is not revealed in the books. It is only given in a tour of Diagon Alley included on the DVD of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and in the Game Boy Color version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, and later confirmed in Pottermore.
- In the PS1 versions of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game), the storefront simply bears the name "Cauldrons".
- Before the Diagon Alley expansion at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, one could find Potage's Cauldron Shop (actually just a fake storefront) in Hogsmeade. Following the expansion, it was replaced by Ceridwen's Cauldrons.
Potage, pronounced (pot-AZH), from the Latin-French root pot meaning drink, is a "soup", particularly a rich and creamy one. It has a more English cognate pottage (POT-idge), which usually refers to a vegetable soup, with or without meat.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First identified as Potage's Cauldron Shop) (Known as Cauldrons in PS1 version)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (PS1 version only) (Known as Cauldrons)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Briefly)
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- Harry Potter: Diagon Alley Board Game
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Identified as Best Quality Potages)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Identified as Best Quality Potages)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 5 (Diagon Alley)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - PS1 version
13B Knockturn Alley · Beard Trimming · Betting shop · Borgin and Burkes · Chimney Sweep Elf · Cobb & Webb's · E.L.M and Wizards Undertakers & Embalmers · The Coffin House · Dystyl Phaelanges · Markus Scarrs Indelible Tattoos · Moribund's · McHavelock's Wizarding Headgear · Mr. Mulpepper's Apothecary · Noggin and Bonce · Potage's Cauldron Shop · The Spiny Serpent · The Starry Prophesier · Wizarding Supplies · Ye Olde Curiosity Shop · Msaw Ætare · The White Wyvern · Trackleshanks Locksmith