|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is a real-life person, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
- "Yes, yes, oatmeal! Are you telling me you cannot see the signs? The foretelling of suffering and death?"
- —Professor Trelawney[src]
Porridge is a meal, similar to oatmeal and typically eaten at breakfast. The wizard in "The Wizard and the Hopping Pot", was about to eat it when he was interrupted by a farmer who had lost his donkey. Molly Weasley also often made porridge for breakfast at the Burrow. It was also served for breakfast at Hogwarts; Ron Weasley liked to pour sugar on his.
In 1995, when Professor Trelawney's fifth year Divination class was studying dream interpretation, Harry made up some dreams in which he was eating porridge, but according to Trelawney even these dull dreams foretold a gruesome and early death for him.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard