Year unknown, United States of America
|Also known as||
Tina (by friends and family)
Porpentina was born somewhere in the United States of America. She had at least one sibling, a younger sister, Queenie. Her friends and family called her by the nickname "Tina." She apparently had a practical, level-headed personality, being described as "grounded."
Around 1920, Porpentina met British magizoologist Newt Scamander in New York City, where he had come as part of his international expedition to discover new magical creatures. She eventually married him and moved to the United Kingdom. The couple had at least one child, who in turn gave them a grandson, Rolf.
Behind the scenes
- Katherine Waterston is set to play the role of Porpentina Scamander in the upcoming film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 .@MaddieDUHx 'Tina' is what her friends and family call her. Would YOU want everyone to call you Porpentina?! by J.K. Rowling on Twitter
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Katherine Waterston Set to Star Opposite Eddie Redmayne in 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'" from Warner Bros.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (real-world book)
- ↑ .@MaddieDUHx Queenie's younger. by J.K. Rowling on Twitter
- ↑ "Everything we know about ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’" at Boston.com
- ↑ 30 July 2007 Bloomsbury Webchat with J.K. Rowling
- ↑ The real-world book Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them features a biography of Newt Scamander which states he retired in 1979. It also features an introduction by Albus Dumbledore, who, canonically, died in 1996. It can thus be concluded that the information about the Scamanders living in Dorset and owning three Kneazles was current within this timeframe.
- ↑ "'Harry Potter' Spinoff 'Fantastic Beasts' Finds Its Female Lead" at The Hollywood Reporter