- Fred Weasley: "Well, that's nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing wrong with a good healthy P."
- Hermione Granger: "But doesn't P stand for…"
- Lee Jordan: "‘Poor,’ yeah. Still, better than D, isn't it? ‘Dreadful’?"
- — Discussion over O.W.L. marks[src]
Poor is the highest of the three failing grades, out of six grades overall, in the Ordinary Wizarding Levels, Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests, and Wizards' Ordinary Magic and Basic Aptitude Tests. It is the third lowest mark, immediately below 'Acceptable' and immediately above 'Dreadful'.
Advancing to N.E.W.T.Edit
If a student receives a 'Poor' (or lower) on an O.W.L. for a particular subject, the student has failed that subject and is unable to continue on with it as a N.E.W.T. class. The student however, does have the option to repeat the subject, if they choose to do so.
|Harry Potter||Divination O.W.L.*||1996|
*: Harry's worst subject.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince