Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and, as such, spoilers will be present.
Polly began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on 1 September 2017 and was sorted into Gryffindor. During the sorting ceremony, she remarked that it was not surprising that Scorpius Malfoy was sorted into Slytherin, but expressed shock when Albus Potter was placed in the same house.
When Albus Potter proved unable to get his broomstick to rise off the ground during their first flying lesson with Madam Hooch, Polly disparaged him, stating that he wasn't "like his father at all."
Upon returning to 2020 after altering the past, Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy found themselves in an alternate reality, in which Albus was a Gryffindor and Hermione Granger taught Defence Against the Dark Arts. During a lesson, Albus questioned her about the changed circumstances, prompting her to deduct points from Gryffindor. This universe's Polly angrily accused Albus of losing points on purpose because he "hate[d] Gryffindor and everyone [knew] it." Professor Granger told Polly to sit down before she was forced to dock even more points. Later, when Albus and Scorpius were discussing how their actions had changed history in the Hogwarts library, Polly shushed them.
In another alternate reality created by Albus and Scorpius changing the past, in which Voldemort won and Albus was never born, Scorpius was asked by that universe's Polly if he intended to invite her to the Blood Ball.
Polly Chapman is a very confident and fierce witch; joining in on a long line of powerful female characters. She is never one to not ask for what she wants and she is never not going to say exactly what's on her (and everybody else's) mind. Granted, those tendencies sometimes make Polly come off as a bit bullish, but it also indicates that she isn't afraid to ask for what she wants - including asking Scorpius to the Blood Ball in one alternate universe. Her wit is as sharp as her tongue, although sometimes that sharp tongue of hers doesn't exactly endear her to people; such as when she directs her harsh words toward shy and unsure Albus Potter. The words are harsh, yes, but bluntly honest. In short, Polly Chapman possesses both negative and positive traits of the House of Gryffindor.
Behind the scenes
- In the original West End production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Polly is played by Claudia Grant.
- Polly in the alternative universe is shown to use Harry Potter's name as a form of insult or formed slang similar to "Oh Merlin", as it possibly that it was considered normal to insult Potter from the grave.
Notes and references
- ↑ Under Voldemort's rule of Hogwarts in the alternate universe, she was not imprisoned with the Muggleborns, meaning she is not a Muggleborn Witch.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Act One, Scene Four
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Act Two, Scene Eleven
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Act Two, Scene Sixteen
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Act Three, Scene Two