- Karkaroff: "Viktor, how are you feeling? Did you eat enough? Should I send for some mulled wine from the kitchens?"
- Poliakoff: "Professor, I vood like some vine"
- Karkaroff: "I wasn't offering it to you, Poliakoff... I notice you have dribbled food all the way down the front of your robes again, disgusting boy --"
- — An example of how Karkaroff treated his students[src]
Poliakoff was a student of the Durmstrang Institute.
In 1994, he was a member of the Durmstrang delegation that travelled to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to compete in the Triwizard Tournament. He entered his name into the Goblet of Fire to compete, but Viktor Krum was selected as the Champion instead. He is shown to be a sloppy eater as Igor Karkaroff commented on the food stains on his robes after the welcoming feast in 1994. He hinted to Igor that he wanted wine once at the feast, but Karkaroff refused, as he had offered it to Viktor, not to Poliakoff. Karkaroff was not kind to Poliakoff, snapping at his sloppy manners and interrupting for the wine. Upon seeing Harry Potter for the first time, Poliakoff was dumbfounded, pointing openly at Harry's forehead to a girl next to him.
Personality and Traits
Poliakoff possesses poor manners, being a sloppy eater who dribbled food down his robes despite being in the company of two foreign schools, while gluttonously intervened Karkaroff's offer of wine for Krum. When noticing the famous Harry Potter, Poliakoff rather tactlessly pointed at his forehead to a girl next to him.
Poliakoff appeared not to have a very good relationship with his headmaster, as he was called a "disgusting boy" because of his messy uniform and was declined when he requested wine from Karkaroff.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that this individual is Igor Karkaroff's aide, however this individual was trusted by Karkaroff while Poliakoff was not allowed much from him.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Possible appearance)