- "Irritate your friends with this range of mischief-making spells"
Behind the scenes
- This book was featured for the first time in canon in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, where it was called "Pokery & Hocus Pocus". Pottermore, however, later gave its name as "Jiggery Pokery and Hocus Pocus".
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance) (Seen as "Pokery & Hocus Pocus")
- Pottermore (First identified as Jiggery Pokery and Hocus Pocus)
Notes and references
- ↑ "The Dames Hit Hollywood! Day Four: Warner Brothers Studio" from An Elegant Obsession blog
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) - see this image
According to J.K. Rowling at the Edinburgh Book Festival (J.K. Rowling at the Edinburgh Book Festival (15 August, 2004) source), headmasters only get their portrait hung in the office if they die holding the title of headmaster. As Armando Dippet was headmaster from at least 1943 until being succeeded by Albus Dumbledore, Professor Gagwilde must have died at some point before 1943. Unless the book was published posthumously, it would have been published before then.