|Giant Orange Snail|
Secrete fluids that burn anything that touches them
|Ministry of Magic Classification||
The Giant Orange Snail, also known as Poisonous Snails, is a large gastropod with a yellow body and a mostly orange shell. Their shells are orange with black stripes and have spikes on them. These snails are slow, but secrete a trail of acid that burns whatever it touches, originating a dangeous trail of fire in their wake. They will attack humans if they get too near. They might be related to the Streeler.
Behind the scenes
- According to Gilderoy Lockhart in the PC game of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, he knows how it feels to step into the snail's acid. However, this is probably not true as most of the things he said aren't true at all.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First identified as Giant Orange Snail)
Notes and references
- ↑ Seen as the Streeler is a XXX creature, it is quite possible this creature is it too.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) - PS1 version