|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Behind the scenes
- Harry Potter: "Shut up, Dudley. I'm warning you..."
- Dudley Dursley: "Why should I?"
- Harry Potter: "Because if you don't, I'll turn you into the idiot pig you are!"
- — Early lines from the Order of the Phoenix film
- In an early script for the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry threatened to use this spell on Dudley once again when Dudley and his gang tormented Harry near the film's start.
- Hagrid mentions that he tried to turn Dudley into a pig, but supposes that must not have worked because he was already too much like a pig. Provided Hagrid was not simply joking to amuse Harry after successfully, purposefully giving Dudley a pig's tail, this is might be an instance of Hagrid's magic not working fully, due to his snapped wand.
- It is unknown if this spell is specifically to turn humans into pigs, or if it could turn any creature into a pig. It may be even be the same spell Professor MacGonagall used to turn her desk into a pig. If it is, this means that it can also be used on inanimate objects.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card) (Possibly)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card) (Possibly)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Mentioned only) (Cut from final film)
- Pottermore (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)