At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Pickett was a Bowtruckle that was kept by Newt Scamander as a pet. Although he had at least six Bowtruckles (Pickett, Titus, Finn, Poppy, Marlow, and Tom), Newt was especially fond of Pickett, and even carried him around in his top pocket, first because Pickett had a cold and needed body warmth, and also because Pickett had attachment issues.
In 1926, Pickett accompanied Newt on his journey to New York, sitting inside his top pocket. He was present when the Niffler escaped at the Steen National Bank and when Newt was taken to the Magical Congress of the United States of America by Porpentina Goldstein.
Pickett was still hidden in Newt's pocket when Gellert Grindelwald, in the guise of Percival Graves, sentenced them to death. As bowtruckles are able to pick locks, Pickett was able to release Newt from his shackles and help Newt and Tina escape from the Death Cell
Later, when Newt met the goblin gangster Gnarlak, Newt agreed to give Pickett to him as part of a deal to obtain information about the last missing beasts. Gnarlak betrayed them and turned them in to MACUSA. In the resulting fray, Jacob punched Gnarlak out so Newt was able to rescue Pickett and escape. Pickett was not pleased with Newt for giving him away and expressed it by sulking and blowing raspberries.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay
- LEGO Dimensions
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Twitter - Fantastic Beasts
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "'Fantastic Beasts': Meet the Creatures" at Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ "Fantastic Beasts Cast on British Versus American Wizards" from Wizards and Whatnot
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 65
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 69
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 82
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 92