It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, be expanded. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by expanding this article to give more complete coverage of its subject.
- "Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads, their tears have healing powers, and they make highly faithful pets."
- —Albus Dumbledore[src]
The tears of a phoenix have immense healing powers. It is the only known cure for the basilisk venom. It is also capable of reviving a person from any injury, even if the person is at the brink of death, similar to unicorn blood (without the cursed side-effects).
Fawkes produced his tears to heal Harry Potter when the latter was bitten by Salazar Slytherin's Basilisk during the battle in the Chamber of Secrets, which not only sealed the wound, but also cleared the poison out of Harry before he died from it. In 1995, Fawkes also healed the injury to Harry's leg that he received from the acromantula in the Hedge Maze during the Third Task of the Triwizard Tournament.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game