1996 or earlier
|Also known as||
Phineas Black was a pure-blood wizard, the second eldest son of Phineas Nigellus Black and his wife Ursula Flint and brother of Cygnus, Sirius, Belvina and Arcturus. He was disowned for supporting Muggle rights and removed from the Black family tree.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Based on a statement by Horace Slughorn, Phineas may have been a member of the Slytherin House. However, Phineas would have attended in the 1880s or the 1890s, when Slughorn was not Potions teacher.
- Phineas was named after his father, but ironically, this son became Phineas Nigellus's greatest shame.
- An interesting note, while unconfirmed it is possible that Phineas sired children - male or female - with a partner at some point in his life. Therefore, despite being disinherited and likely dead by the late 1990's, his son/s had further male children and therefore could be heir apparants to the Black fortune and dynasty well into the 21st Century.
- On the Black family tree tapestry from the film Phineas is depicted as a red hat with a black hole. His name is misspelt Phineus on the tapestry, and so is the name of his father.
Phinehas was the grandson of Aaron in the Bible. He killed two people. His name is sometimes spelled as Phineas.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears on Black family tapestry)