Known family membersEdit
- Peter Pettigrew — a wizard who betrayed the Order of the Phoenix for the Death Eaters
- Mrs Pettigrew — Peter's mother
- Enid Pettigrew - a witch
The surname Pettigrew likely began as a nickname for a short person, from the Old French petit, "small," and cru, "growth." Peter Pettigrew was notable for his short stature, standing only a little taller as a full-grown man than Harry Potter and Hermione Granger did at ages 13 and 14, respectively.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Mrs Pettigrew obtained the Order of Merlin that was awarded to her son after his faked death. Given that Muggles are generally not permitted entry into the wizarding world, it is almost certain that Mrs Pettigrew was a witch. Furthermore, Peter Pettigrew's membership in the Death Eaters makes it highly unlikely that he was Muggle-born.
- ↑ "Pettigrew" on Ancestry.com
- ↑ Prisoner of Azkaban, Ch. 19