Wave wand four times
Peskipiksi Pesternomi is the incantation of a spell meant to capture pixies. It was invented by Gilderoy Lockhart in his first second year Defence Against the Dark Arts class in September of 1992, and its very first use was very unsuccessful.
It is probable that this spell would not be effective in any case, as Professor Lockhart had presumably invented it in that same class, with no forewarning and no indication that it would be successful.
Lockhart's use of this made-up spell was apparently well-known, as a question on the 1996 Theory of Charms O.W.L. asked whether Peskipiksi Pesternomi was a genuine charm or not, and required the answerer to come up with a valid incantation that would have the actual desired effect.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)